Friday, January 27, 2012

Kumamoto - First contact

Ok, so it's been a while since I last wrote anything. Excuse: I can't upload any pictures, and I can't really get online. How, then, am I updating this? Well, this unsecured (techinically "pay" network I am able to connect to) apparently allows traffic to the wide array of google services. This means I can search google, but I still can't get to any websites outside the google products. I have access to gmail, blogger, google maps, picasa, etc... However, I cannot download or upload any attachments. Sooooo, I can't really use picasa, and I can't get to facebook. For someone who grew up without the internet, one would assume this is ok. And, it is... to a point. It gets a bit isolating, at times. Luckily, I have nothing but good things to say about the people I have met, in Kumamoto.

My apartment is, as one would expect, small. However, it is notably larger than the apartment I occupied on Front St, in Wilmington. That said, the neighborhood makes up for it's size. Being back in Japan more than makes up for the smaller accomodations. I will post pictures, after I clean it up, and get my full internet privileges back. That will happen after I get my Japanese bank-issued credit card, in about 2 weeks. With the credit card, and my alien registration card (gaijin card), I pay considerably less for the phone.

Will leave it at that (a sorry excuse for not posting more). However, I plan on including a new element to the blog. One that Eden (my co-trainee, and co-coco curry conspirator(good luck saying that one fast)) cooked up: the occasional write up about my continued taste-testing of all the available vending machine coffee offerings, both cold and hot. I look forward to Eden's hot corn soup chronicles.

For now, that is all. Goodnight, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment